HIPAA Compliance Documentation Kits
Our Documentation Kits are for an organization looking to implement the documents, contracts, forms, and policies and procedures required by the HIPAA Privacy and HIPAA Security regulations. To purchase, simply click on the ADD TO CART button next to the kit(s) you wish to purchase.
If you are looking to purchase both the Documentation Kits and the Organizational Training, we recommend you purchase them as two separate purchases with their own unique login. That is a separate login for the compliance officer that contains the kit(s) and a separate login for the organizational training for employees.
Our HIPAA Compliance Documentation Kits are meant to be utilized by your HIPAA compliance officer to provide the documents, forms, contracts, and policies and procedures for the organization required by the HIPAA Privacy and HIPAA Security regulations.
Once you download the templates, they become your master copies on your local network/pcs and they are yours even beyond the 1 year online access.
In addition, the kit can also be used to train a new HIPAA compliance officer using a hands on "learn by doing" approach. When they are done implementing the kit, they are ready to maintain all that they built.
Our kits are very easy to use, come with a step by step to do list that walks you through the entire process, and provide ready to use templates in Microsoft Word format for easy download. Finally we fully support you through the process, so if you have any questions, you can contact us anytime.
- Format: Online/Downloadable
- Access: Online Access for 1 Year
- Documents: Microsoft Word/PDF
- Step by Step To Do List: Yes
- Training Included: 1 Seat
- License: Single Organization
HIPAA Compliance for Organizations
Organizations looking to comply with the HIPAA regulations first have to determine which regulations they have to comply with. There are two distinct and separate regulations under HIPAA:
HIPAA Privacy - safeguards for keeping protected health information safe from a people, administrative, and contractual standpoint
HIPAA Security - safeguards for keeping protected health information specifically in electronic form (computers, networks, electronic transmissions, etc) safe from disasters, hackers, and electronic theft.
While everyone is required to comply with the HIPAA Privacy regulations, only those who store or transmit protected health information electronically are required to comply with the HIPAA Security regulations. So if your organization stores protected health information on computers, which everyone does nowadays, you would need to comply with the HIPAA Security regulations.
Once you know which regulations you need to comply with, then it is a matter of what is needed to comply.
What is involved in becoming HIPAA compliant?
There are three parts to HIPAA compliance for an organization:
1) Providing a HIPAA Awareness Training for all employees of the organization
2) Implementing formal documents and controls in the organization to protected patient health information
3) Training of a compliance officer (someone in the organization that is going to take responsibility for HIPAA at your organization)
Part 1 is handled through our organizational training which allows you to roll out training to your employees as a self paced online training that they can each take at their own schedule. It is 1.5 hours long and generates a 2 year certificate for compliance record keeping.
Part 2 and 3 are handled by our documentation kits. For the compliance officer training, we take a "hands on learn by doing" approach. The theory behind it is if the compliance officer built it, they will be able to maintain it going forward.
What products do you offer to become HIPAA compliant and how much will it cost?
A typical implementation of HIPAA compliance for an organization involves:
1) HIPAA Privacy Documentation Kit ($499.99) - (includes 1 Awareness Training seat for compliance officer)
2) HIPAA Security Documentation ($499.99) - (includes 1 Security Training seat for compliance officer)
3) HIPAA Awareness Training for remaining staff members (1-9 people is $29.99/person, 10-24 people is $24.99/person, 25-49 people is $23.99/person with additional group discounts published on the organizational training tab above)
4) HIPAA Security Training for additional training for compliance and IT staff who will be implementing HIPAA Security ($20/person)
A simple statement summarizing how we map to HIPAA Privacy and Security compliance is:
HIPAA Privacy Compliance For Organizations = HIPAA Awareness Training for Everyone + HIPAA Privacy Compliance Documentation Kit
HIPAA Security Compliance For Organizations = HIPAA Security Training for Compliance Officer and IT Staff + HIPAA Security Compliance Documentation Kit
As an example, pricing for an organization of 10 employees excluding the compliance officer would be $999.98 for the Privacy and Security documentation kits + $249.90 for the 10 Awareness training seats.
How long does it take to be become HIPAA compliant?
Timeframe wise you are looking at:
1) rolling out the training and potentially giving everyone 1 or 2 weeks to do the training (it is only 1.5 hours long)
2) compliance officer would go through quicker and then we do a 90 minute jumpstart session with us to train them on what needs to be done on documentation kits
3) compliance officer works on document kits and each kit takes about 1 week (assuming half time) to complete building a compliance binder
4) compliance officer rolls out controls and documents in the organization dividing up responsibility to different employees in the organization (1 or 2 days)
So from start to finish if you can dedicate half your time it should take you about 2.5 weeks to complete the HIPAA Privacy and Security implementation process. You can complete that quicker or take longer depending on if you dedicate more or less time than half time.